Monday, December 6, 2004

Getting that NPO Open Source start-up itch again

So I never really thought of myself as a serial entrepreneur. Then I looked back at my past and it is just littered with start ups. There was the nonprofit back in 1998 (Youthlink) with at risk kids and web design. Then there was Eastmont, a community technology center. Then Digigroups, an enterprise software firm, then Social Source Software, and now the Beaumont Foundation of America.

Every time, I find myself pursuing the vision, building the plan, and getting organization to execute. Heck I even think I'm pretty good at it.

So now the itch has returned. Beaumont is entering a period of stability and that whole open source software development for nonprofits idea is on my mind again. Equally on my mind, however, is paying the mortgage. If anyone want to put up $250k or so to get started, drop me a line. ;)

No comments: